NEW TO THE INDUSTRY – Utility Locate Technician
More than a Job!
Stake Center Locating is hiring entry level Locating Technicians to complete our team.
We will train you on the job and equip you with the basic skills to be successful. What you’ll need to bring is a preference to work outdoors in all weather, a desire to work independently and an ability to problem solve with speed and accuracy.
We do not see Stake Center Locating as a job but as a profession! We are a team of passionate, hard-working individuals working together to keep our communities safe. Not all people can do this work and do it well. We offer an environment where you can be YOU vs. trapped in an office where rules or supervisors define your day. You make the difference at Stake. Come start your journey with us, locate the path to your future and see where it takes you.
What We Offer:
Since 1997, we have been on a mission to make Stake Center a great place to work. We have been working with our locators to make Stake Center the company of choice. What we offer:
* We begin insurance coverage as of your first day on-the-job.
* We provide short and long-term disability and life insurance free of chargeto protect you and the people who depend on you.
* We have deployed our Accelerate Your Career program with defined levels and built-in rewards (including raises) for proving your progression through skills testing.
* We provide best-in-the-business equipment, including late-model trucks and upgraded locate devices. In fact, you take the truck home every night!
* We are providing vouchers that can be used on 300+ types of Red Wing safety shoes (a total of $100 after every six months of service).
* Our Hall of Fame recognizes the best locators in the Company, and we believe, some of the very best in the industry.
* Referral bonus programs are in place many states. If you would like to work in a state that is not where you live today, let us know as relocation support may be available.
* We conducted an industry-wide scan of employee benefits and believe we are as good and often better than others. Where we are best-in-class (as with paid holidays), we intend to stay that way.
o Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k! (Tops in the industry!)
We will train entry level Locating Technicians to:
• Interpret and prioritize job order tickets.
• Read maps, interpret blueprints, and determine the best method & sequence for locating.
• Determine the most efficient route to locate jobs in rural and urban locations.
• Use provided locate equipment & technology to accurately locate underground utilities.
• Working independently with a minimum of supervision.
We also will be looking for you to:
• Exhibit “ownership” behavior
• Learn and follow all safe practices
• Use a laptop computer to receive, document and process tickets and email.
• Use problem-solving skills to develop and implement solutions in the field.
• Communicate effectively with peers, managers, and homeowners.
• Eighteen years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver license with acceptable driving record.
• Clean background check for access to restricted and/or controlled areas.
• Ability to pass random drug screens and to remain drug free.
• Flexibility and availability for call out, including some mandatory overtime.
• Willing to work on weekends and holidays, as necessary.
• Able to travel from time to time including overnight stays.
• Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day 2-3 times a week in all weather conditions.
• Able to learn how to safely lift 75 pounds with equipment to assist (manhole covers).
• Must maintain a high standard of professional work conduct, even when alone.
We understand what is at stake for our employees, our customers, and our customers’ customers. That is why we continually invest in our people, equipment and technology. To us you are a professional - this is a career not just a job!